Sunday, March 21, 2010

Saint Mary's, Hayden Road, Chiswick, London, England, Earth, the Solar System!

So I think I should start off this entry with some answers for the last one, since I know you are all scratching out your eyes and cursing things like Fate and her fickleness and Microsoft Word 2007 and its obvious inferiority to Word 2004 and anthropomorphism for being such a long word in anticipation for the answers to my References of Insanity. They are as follows:

1. Pride and Prejudice
2. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
3. Torchwood
4. Doctor Who
5. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
6. Nicole as a Dalek
7. Emperor's New Groove
8. Catherine Tate Show, specifically Lauren Cooper
9. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Perhaps I shall make this a tradition! I shall quote obscurely till the End of Time! Yeah, that was Obscure Reference number two.

There is really nothing better for getting ready for a trip to London than doing Doctor Who trivia night and geeking out at a coffee place. I mean, seriously. I got a flyer telling me about a British TV podcast and now I have 28 episodes of of said nerd podcast on my iPod. Not to mention Nicole, Katie and I got 4th place. I may not know how to get from my homestay to our classrooms in London, but by God, I know that Donna Noble types at a speed of 100 wpm and Torchwood 1 fell during the Battle of Canary Wharf. Take that, Rick Steves.

In other news, I leave TOMORROW. As in, actually, a little over 4 hours. Which is insane. I actually just wrote a story on here about how it was so baffling that I accidentally burned myself on the oven, but then erased it because it had nothing to do with anything except, indeed, it is a true story and I have a neat little scar on my arm that totally looks like I fought some sort of epic beastie. The Avenging Oven: Demonic Mouth of Baking Goods. I should have just kept the story.

But in all seriousness, I am beyond psyched out of my mind about leaving tomorrow and meeting our homestay family and doing some epic frolicking since our orientation doesn't start until Thursday. Our homestay family already seems brilliant; they are coming to meet us at Victoria Station so that we don't have to take the Tube with all of our luggage, and frolicking can then commence! Rick Steves, the Doctor and I are all going to get chummy on the plane tomorrow so that I can make this a more specific frolicking. Like a spolicking. Or a spelicking. Now I'm acting like Shawn Spencer (Reference #3!).

I could go to sleep but the horcrux finder says that's dumb, so we're not going to do that (#4 for those playing at home). But alas, it is time for me to explore the yonder internet and do some last minute organization. Do not worry, fair friends, I shall post again in due time!

See you on the other side of the pond!


1 comment:

  1. I got this:

    1) Blog title, from our good friend Donna Noble. "IT DOESN"T HAVE POCKETS!"
    2)Now you're just throwing down titles of awesome episodes!
    3)"We're Shassie now. Sharlton. Spenciter." Did you watch that eppi??
    4)"Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders!"
    "What the HELL is a Hufflepuff?"

    Dude, we could go you quote, I quote, you quote, I quote, you quote, etc. until you return! What a fun game!

    Update soon! I wanna know all about your shinanigans!

    <3

    PS You forgot to mention that we actually should have received 3rd place in trivia, if only in our hearts! We knew 100 wpm when no one else did!!

    ReplyDelete